----- Original Message -----
From: "Clint Austin"
Subject: which way would you go...

>Should I stay with Pentax?

Good question.

If you are planning on shooting professionally, you pretty much have
to be considering digital, and probably an SLR.
Because of the format change, your lenses have changed in usefulness.
This may be good or bad.

I don't think Pentax is ever going to be state of the art again. The
Spotmatic days are long gone.
If you can live with a camera that is a couple of steps behind the
state of the art, and (I think more importantly) like the lenses,
then the istD is a good camera.
Film cameras are a different story, but the ones intended for amateur
use are so advanced, and so cheap, it doesn't pay to buy top end
unless you really want the cachet value.
For the price of an MZ-S, you can buy 3 lesser film bodies, all
having good feature sets.

> Will Pentax make a more professional level DSLR ?

Define professional.
Seriously.
It's too big a word. What do you intend to do?

>Is the *istd capable of professional work?

Absolutely, and in some ways, it is better than anything else out
there.

William Robb

>Thanks for your help.

Yer welcome, though I hopew you ask more questions, both of yourself
and of this list.