"Tanya Mayer Photography" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Very nice Mark - gawd, I want that lens, sooooooo bad!

You should, it's a gem! It's my number 1 lens in terms of generating
"keeper" shots. I used to disdain zooms until I got this one.

Until I recover financially enough to buy a 31 Limited I'm experimenting
with using the FA-28/2.8AL as a normal lens on the ist-D. Here's a
self-portrait taken with that lens, using the Pentax Remote Assistant
software:
http://www.robertstech.com/temp/self-portrait.jpg

The Remote Assistant software is pretty cool. Now I'm wishing Pentax
made a Windows 98 driver for the ist-D because I can't use this software
on my Win98 laptop (which is too old and outdated to run Win2k).
C'mon Pentax: There may not be many desktop systems running Win 98 any
more (just under 20% last time I heard) but I'll bet there are plenty of
laptop systems like mine that run the older OS.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing