----- Original Message -----
From: "William Kane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: April 9, 2001 5:28 PM
Subject: Question on RARE Lens

> Ok guys,
>
>    In the package with my recent LX, I also got a very strange
lens.

> It's marked "ULTRA-MICRO-TAKUMAR 1:1.3 30mm".  "ASAHI OPT. CO.
JAPAN"

> Anyone have any idea what this lens is for?  It's got aperture
setting
> from 1.3 to 22, and has a screw mount on the rear of the lens
that is
> smaller than 42mm . . . maybe 37 or 39 . . . . can't find my
metric
> ruler right now.  ANY ideas would be appreciated.

It sounds like a bellows lens for the pre spotmatic era cameras.
I think they had a smaller thread mount than M-42. It might make
a pretty good enlarger lens for big enlargments from 35mm if the
thread size is correct. I wonder how much it would cost to have
an adaptor cut so it could go onto an M-42 bellows.......
William Robb