Well I had a small job today, atmospheric shots indoors under mixed available
light, so I needed a good set of primes as I had no idea what I was to be up
against. After looking at my lens stash I again selected my  FA77/1.8 and
V125/2.5 in preference to my A*85/1.4 and A*135/1.8 lenses. The wide open
performance of the 77 and 125 are excellent and I needed the speed. I also had
my A20/2.8, FA31/1.8 and A50/1.2 and I used the lot.

At the venue I found a stair case that was out of use at the time and I had all
the lenses lined up face down with hoods on and caps off for quick access. I
had the leave them a couple of times and once when I came back they had all
gone, I found them nearby all capped and nicely placed back in my Mini-trekker
:-)

I had some wide angle dramas, I could have used my A15/3.5 but I just got away
with using the 20mm and backing right up, I really would like a high
performance fast wide prime, pity the 14/2.8 is only a DA lens.

All in all a successful shoot, it was fast but not furious, I made just over
200 shots in just under 90 minutes. I used only my *ist D saving a combination
of jpg and pef files. I converted the pef files and colour corrected the two
duds and wrote the lot to a CD which the clients had in their hands only a few
hours later.

I was constantly switching between Tungsten and Daylight WB (I only forgot to
switch for a couple of images) and the ISO needed ranged from 200 to 1600 and
even the 1600 shots under tungsten are pretty well balanced and nicely
saturated. A few shots have areas of bad burn out but it couldn't have been
avoided in the circumstances.

I might pop up an image or two from the shoot as PAWs since I've been a little
slack photographically over the past few weeks.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998