I use PS CS.
I had old version of plugin, I used to operate it
using File/Import-Export/Raw plugin. This does not
have BIT selection capablity. In this one, I had
created action using File/Import-Export/Raw plugin

In newversion of plugin, I can use File->Open to open
a PEF file, a conversion dlg pops up with options to
select bit setting, color space, DPI. In this case, I
created action using File/Open.

May be this PS CS thing.

Thanks
Ramesh