My question - is it a mere glitch, or am I in trouble? Anyone had similar experience?
Boris

Worse than that. I cannot use paypal anymore with any Visa card as, six weeks ago, Visa cancelled one of my two cards. Visa did it because that card's magnetic code had been cloned while I was purchasing something and used illegally the day after, for about $4500! They knew it was not me as I never buy expensive clothes, so they called me AFTER cancelling my card and explained what had happened. I sent my old card and got another one soon after, with a new number. (I had nothing to pay, of course. They see this as their problem.)

BUT paypal won't register my new card, neither my other visa card because a card from Visa had already been cancelled. I talked with somebody at paypal, and that person said that their policy was meant to protect themselves, sometimes at the expense of users not involved in the illegal use of their card leading to their cancellation. A special request has been made inside paypal by that person but it was not accepted and now I do my things on eBay "the old way".

I was also told that a way out of this is to get a Master card, or an Am.Express card and register! So, I may decide to ask for a M.C...

One problem with using only M.O. and cashier's check, apart from a $4 cost including stamp, is that some sellers won't accept anything else than paypal!

Andre