Fra: William Robb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 18. april 2004 20:48
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Re: OT: My New Photography Class

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jens Bladt"
Subject: RE: OT: My New Photography Class

> OK William
> So what does Prontor Compur mean (maybe just a joke)? I know that
"Prontor"
> and "Compur" are names for central-shutters used in rangefinder
cameras like
> "Agfa Isolette" or "Zeiss Super Ikonta". But how does this apply to
flash
> cables?

As you know, flash is initiated by shutter release.
There were a lot of shutter manufacturers in Germany, Prontor and
Compur were the most important ones.
Prontor, and Compur were the ones who settled on the socket design,
and were the first to move away from the bi-pole flash terminals.

William Robb