Butch wrote:

> As far as sandwiches, we generally use mustard, mayonnaise, or catsup and
> seldom butter the bread if we're using one of the above. I vaguely
remember
> them buttering sandwiches in my school lunches. A good roast beef sandwich
> with just butter and a little salt is great, but I've given up trying to
> order it, the weird looks are too much.

Ok, so it finally all makes sense!  I could never work out the whole "peanut
butter and jelly" sandwich thing, cause to me, margarine/butter, peanut
butter and jam (jelly) is just gross! My 4yo loves it on his toast, but with
melted butter/marg, it ends up a big mess! So, now I "get it" - no
butter/marg! lol.  It is still gross, but it makes more sense.

I promise you though, vegemite sandwiches would be disgusting without a very
thick layer of marg!

And vegemite on toast just wouldn't be vegemite on toast without a few
little puddles of melted butter for it to sit in! lol.

tan.