I kind of doubt that they only sold 700. Manufactured, maybe, since Medium Format is still produced using the old system of make a bunch and sell them from the warehouse. When the stock gets low run off a bunch more (maybe 700?). So if I was told that one company made one production run last year (the worse economy since 1981), I would believe that. However since you can no longer buy 120 film except in the big cities, or via mail order, the death knoll is tolling in the background. I can actually get 4x5 over at the university book store, but there is no where to get 120 in Boone since they closed the Ritz Camera last year.

But then hardly anyone except pros and serious amateurs have used roll film in 20 years or so. And the pro studios bought it wholesale, not from a local store. So, not exactly a popular item, even before digital.