Paul Stenquist wrote;

"Hi Fairy,
Some beautiful pictures here. I particularly love the BW of the grouped
flowers, the flower toppling over in the vase, and the baby on the
cloud. (I guess I'm a softy.) Many other good shots as well. Nice work.
Paul"

Thanks for taking the time to view my pics and to comment, Paul.  Ths shots
that you mentioned are my favourites too.  It is actually quite interesting
as the b&w shot of the tulips is quite possibly my MOST favourite pic I have
ever shot, and yet it doesn't tend to draw the attention that the colour
ones do.  I just love the contrast and the way the light falls on the top of
the flowers.  Speaking of light, I forgot to mention that EVERYTHING on that
page was shot with only available light (I only own one flash - a crappy
Achiever 630AF, that doesn't seem to work properly - always seems to
overexpose everything so I rarely use it).  The first group of shots on that
page (the still lifes) are about a month old now, but I have left them there
as collectively, they are still my all time favourites.

I am glad that you enjoyed viewing them and thanks again for commenting.

BTW, for anyone who is interested, I just had a phone call from the mum  of
the two little girls that I shot on the weekend (the little girl dressed as
a fairy is the sister of the one with the coloured flowers around her).  She
was so overjoyed with the results.  She called me a "legend!".  Anyways,
apparently she took them to the childrens day care centre this afternoon and
now has a list of at least 10 other mums that want me to perform some sort
of magic with their kids.  Of course, I am extremely excited by this
prospect (I may actually be able to make some money to buy the new flash
that I need and a decent printer....another PZ-1P would be nice too...) but
at the same time am also extremely nervous at the idea.  I mean, this could
turn into a very large volume of work, and what if the shots I did this past
weekend were just a fluke and I end up stuffing up big time with the next lo
t?  Then my name would be mud in a very small town where I have suddenly
been placed at celebrity status just cause I managed to make this lady's
little girls look cute on film (they already look extremely cute in real
life).  Also, I am a little worried that I will run short of ideas to make
each shoot as individual to the child as possible.  I don't want to become
like these supermarket jobs such as Pixifotos where they do the same setup
with each kid regardless of their personality, take 10 shots (all of them
smiling or laughing) and then say, "next"....  I also don't want to be
denigrated to doing cheesy and gimmicky setups with the kids, I'd like to
keep them as natural as possible while still adding some element of
creativity and fun into the shots.  Ok, so I know I am rambling, so I'll
shut it now, but any advice from others who have shot alot of
family/portraits/kids would be greatly appreciated.

fairy.