This is the situation,

I won a couple of K mount lenses on a Spanish auction
site. One is a M50/1.7 an the other is a
XR Rikenon zoom 1/3.5 70-150 Macro (heavy lens by the
way, manual focus as well).

The 50 is in excellent condition and I already paid
it. However, there seems to be some kind of problem
with the zoom (unless it works in a different way than
the M50)

The apperture ring doesn't 'stop' very clearly at
every stop (sorry about my English here), but, the
most strange is that nothing seems to happen when
doing this (it seems that the lens is alwais at the
max. aperture, I can't see nothing 'closing')

I didn't pay for it. The seller let me test it at
home, with the camera, wich I am going to do tonight.

He is asking me about $43, but I think I could
renegotiate if the lens needs repair.

The question, before testing it at home is:
Have you ever heard about this lens? How does it
performs?
Is it possible that the aperture only works when the
lens is in the camera?
Is it worth it to pay it $43 (if the lens finally
works fine) or to have it repaired?

I should tell him something tomorrow...

Thanks in advance,
Jaume
(Mark I copied you because Paul Stregevsky told me you
were the PDML Ricoh expert)