1. MX with M35/2. I have used that combination with and without the winder. Neat thing about the MX Winder is that on "S" it does not wind on until you let up on the button. Shoot turn away, drop the camera to your side, walk off, and let go. Only then does it wind on. Neat when you want to be unobtrusive.

2. Me. You wouldn't think I would like some one elses photography better than my own would you? Unfortunately, I have not done any of this to speak of since the 80's. Did quite a bit in the Detroit and Ann Arbor areas '77-85. Unfortunately all those negatives were destroyed in a house fire. Somehow doing it in color in a small town is not the same thing...

3. Some fairly neat folks doing street stuff right here on this list. Paul Stenquist's stuff is more to my personal taste than anyone else's I have seen here, but Frank Theriault and Shel Belinkof seem more productive in that area of photography. There are others who do some street stuff as well. Gianfranco's stuff comes to mind.

--

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi all,

I'm doing some research on the topic of street photography and the question has several parts. The first, to keep it on topic, is what Pentax camera and lens(es) make the best street shooting combo and why? Pop Photo just did and article on street photography and mentioned the K1000 and a 50mm f2, if I remember correctly, as a good option if you can't run out and buy a Leica M7.

The second part would be who is your favorite street shooter, past or present, and why?

I guess a third part would be, do you have a favorite street photo web site or email list?

Thanks.

Jim

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com/graywolf.html