Hey Folks,

Thanks for the comments on fire photography.

Let me clarify my question....fire is a rapidly moving, flickering subject
and, like a waterfall, I expect the appearance of it in a photograph
depends heavily on the exposure used. I was wondering if there was some
canonical rule, like "slower than 1/125th, and fire looks like a smear
but faster than 1/500 and it looks like something funky".

The fires that I'll be on will be lit during the daylight hours.  I guess
I'll just shoot and see what happens!

Cheers

Barry

Dr. Barry Meyers-Rice