On 10 Apr 2001, at 19:54, Collin Brendemuehl wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1229172932
>
> I've never seen one part of this before.
> It's a finder with a "K" mount on it.
> Is this to allow using a lens like a "macro"
> for precise focusing?  Interesting...

Hi Collin,

It's a little bayonet mount but not quite K :-)

That is the system finder base, into it clips; the high eye relief action
eyepiece FC-1 (which swivels through 90 degrees also), the magni-eyepiece
FD-1 (which provides a magnified view at 45 degrees to the film plane which
is latterally correct (unlike the FE-1 magni-finder) and the standard eyepiece
FD-2. More info can be found on Bozs and my LX pages.

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110