On 24 Apr 2004 at 7:36, Markus Maurer wrote:

> Hi Cotty
> that's an interesting point for me: Where is the crossing line for
> manipulating photos?

It's not something that can be arbitrarily determined, it depends on the
intentions of the photographer and the intended use of the photo.

> Times where a photo was a proof are long gone.

It's not gone because it never was.

> I feel already like cheating a bit if I change anything on a photo, even
> cropping. I don't know why.... actually.

If I'm shooting product on a white background (in order to render it invisible
by saturation) and to accurately portray the shadings of the object the
background becomes visible should I feel bad about erasing the background? I
don't think so. However if I'm shooting the damage on a motor vehicle for
insurance purposes I'm going ensure that there is no question as the to
validity of the images by leaving them un-manipulated, shooting from all
practical angles and bracketing exposures to highlight all details.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998