On 25/4/04, BOB W, [severely] discombobulated, offered:

>one of the pleasures of the PDML is the scarcely believable variety of
>people it attracts. How else would it be possible for somebody like me
>to meet in one evening:
>
>1. someone who lives on a volcano
>
>2. someone who turned down an offer of help from Wilfred Thesiger
>while stranded in the bush
>
>3. someone who collides electrons for a living
>
>4. Cotty

LOL. I'll take that as a compliment.

Just logged on (Sunday pm) after a hard afternoon's toil cleaning,
rebuilding, and - of course - modifying the barbeque after unearthing it
in the dank recesses of the garage. Gotta have the priorities in the
right order. How do you modify a barbeque? I'll save that for another post .

I can't add to John Forbes' excellent precis of our little jaunt along
the river

>JF: I've recorded this aspicious event here:
>
>> http://www.johnforbes.homechoice.co.uk/john/pdml.htm

except to say that I thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with the lads and
walking ALL that way (Bob!) and a hearty thanks for the company, guys.
Especially to Gianfranco - that was a heck of a way to come for an evening !

I haven't sat down yet to load the few pics I snapped onto the hard
drive, so I'll hopefully do that a bit later tonight and see if
anything's in focus. If they're not, then I'll keep them small to
disguise it. Should be one or two. Checking focus on the D60 is not so
much hit and miss, as in just 'miss'.

Thanks once again for letting me crash out on the futon Bob. (I slept
like a baby - kept waking up and was sick everywhere).

More soon.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__