Have a nice trip Alex!
I don't think you'll encounter too many difficulties in shooting.
Just shoot away till someone tells you you can't. Then you ask - Why not? and
depending on the answer you either go on shooting or stop...
I visited Munich twice a long time ago. I liked it. People were friendly and offered
me and my friend places to stay each night.
I went to the Olympic Stadium and took a few shots with a borrowed Instamatic. I'm a
sports nut.
Then there were all the bier houses, like the Hofbraühaus with some historic
background so to speak. There was a Tyroler brass band in funny lederhosen and big
breasted ladies carrying around more and bigger buckets of bier than you and I will
ever be able to carry...
Oh yes, there are the Pinakotheks - Die Alte, Neue and der Moderne - don't miss them.
Great collections of art. (I was hitch hiking through Europe, visiting as many Art
museums in as many capitals I could.)
And of course, I almost forgot - look up the Lenbach-haus, a great small museum of
(mostly?) German expressionist art. A great little beautiful museum.

I never visited Dublin, but I've met many nice people from there. They are pretty cool
and friendly. (If you run into Adrian Smith - kind of curly hair if he's still got any
- say hello from me, will you. Very nice guy.)

Report to the list with photos when you get back.

Bon voyage,
Lasse