>>    BTW, Lev Nikolayeitch Tolstoy wrote several stories on the region,
>>    which are essential to understanding even the current conflict: "Hadzi
>>    Murat" & "Caucasian prisoner"

BW> I have seen movies of both those stories, and I have read 'Prisoner of
BW> the Caucasus' - brilliant stories and movies. My best friend is a
BW> half-Georgian woman, which is in the same region. I would very much
BW> like to visit that part of the world.

So would I. An interesting part of the world, with very interesting
customs and whole culture, if somewhat (sometimes a lot) different
from ours. I have had the luck to meet many people from the region,
mostly refugees to our country. BTW, which movie did you see? The only
adaptation of Prisoner of the Caucasus that I saw was set in "modern" days,
and it was very good.

It seems more people disliked me sending this, although I thought the
PDML bunch is interested in 'esoteric' issues, and I tried (hopefuly) to
refrain from any politics. Ok, next time only about gravity :)

Best regards,
   Frantisek Vlcek