Henri Toivonen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hello Pentax-people, this is the first post from me.
>
>I found a couple of used lenses at a second hand store, and the prices
>were really great.. atleast I think they were pretty nice.
>So I'm wondering what comments you could give on these two, and if they
>really are such bargains I think they are.
>
>First off, a SMC-M 50mm f/1.4 for about $35
>Second, a SMC-M 135mm f/2.5 for about $45 (Not the Takumar one)
>
>Are these good lenses, and worthwhile buying?

Any Pentax 50/1.4 is worth buying if it's in good condition. They are
rightly regarded as amongst the finest lenses ever made for 35mm
cameras. If the lens is in good condition, the price you've been quoted
is a steal. It's a bona fide classic.

I've never used the 135/2.5 but many others on this list have.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing