Cotty wrote:

On 10/5/04, KIETH, discombobulated, offered:

And here I thought you just loaded your shoulder snooper kit into one of your Land Rovers, turned on your cell phone, and drove off into the morning traffic...
Seems there's a bit more to it than that, eh?

Yeah, just a bit ;-)

Any theme for your prison visit, or is it personal? <g>

Some feature on a Christian group in the prison - I'll find out when I
get there. At least we're inside in case it's raining - can think of
worse things to be doing!

Raining? In the south of Britain? Surely you jest, Sir...

Cheers,
  Cotty

The only time that bothered me was one New Year's Eve, 1978, Trafalgar Square, around 10:45 PM, walking the very wet walks with my wife and 15 year old daughter and trying to get a taxi back to our flat in Kensington.
My daughter kept saying, "I'm dying, Dad. No, really, I am. I am so cold I think I'm dying. No, really! I am!"
Light drizzle and very wet, the cold got right into your bones.

And of course, no cabbie was picking up fares on the street, that time of night, New Year's Eve.

We finally did persuade one to stop, and got home alright.

One of my fond memories of London, in the early days.

keith