[EMAIL PROTECTED] napisał / wrote:

> Arthur,
>
> You should check Boz's pages under lenses.
>
> http://www.phred.org/pentax/k/

I checked it before. That's why I posted my email:))

> See the zoom lenses and the non-Pentax lenses.  There are pictures of the lenses
included.  You should note that Pentax labeled some lenses Pentax but did not include
SMC coatings.

I know. The point is, that I've seen "SMC F" written on this lens.

> These seemed to happen particularly with the 28-80 zooms, where there were K
versions, A versions and F versions.  I noticed on Boz's site that the A version goes
to .8 minimum focusing distance.

I noticed it too and it confused me. I'm not sure if I didn't notice the distance
indicator on the lens correctly or it is some strange lens Boz don't know (which I
doubt:))

> Overall, if you have a FA 35-80 lens, why do you want a 28-80.  I would go for a
>28mm
f2.8.  They are smaller and lighter and FASTER than your zoom.  Why not do this?

As I wrote, this lens is especially well graded on Photodo. My 35-80 mm lens (which is
BTW F, not FA) has the grade of 2,2 and that 28-80 mm - 3,3. A significant difference,
isn't it? And since I find my zoom to be VERY well built (despite it's bad opinion) -
it's very sharp, no vignetting, little distortion - then that 28-80 mm should be
incredible. The incredible quality for a low price is quite a bargain, isn't it? So,
suppose I'll buy it, I'll have two options:
- keep both lenses as standard zooms for main and backup bodies
- sell that potentially worse lens (35-80 mm) and keep the incredible quality lens:)
So I'd like to know how good is that 28-80 mm lens in reality.
And I'm going to buy that 28 mm f2,8 anyway:)
Greetz
Artur

"Our time has come, get ready to fight.
 Sisters and brothers, in metal unite.
 The dreams that you had are about to come true.
 The voice of the Warrior is calling for you!"
Hammerfall "The Way of the Warrior"