Alin Flaider wrote:

"Put a K/M lens on MZ-M and you get center weighted meter. Switch to
  manual mode and the bar graph it appears in the viewfinder is more
  accurate and more suggestive than any match needle.
  And please don't tell me a student has to cock the shutter in order
  to get a grasp on photography basics..."

I agree totally with Alin  here.  I learnt everything that I know to date
from starting with an MZ-50.  You don't need to have a camera that is all
manual, just so long as you use it AS a manual camera. ie. no AF and only
use it "metered manual mode".  This is what I have done, while at the same
time, also being able to use its more automatic functions to your advantage
eg. AF when shooting kids.  Personally, I do feel though, that I purchased
and tried to master my PZ-1p too early on.  It was totally mind boggling to
a beginner, and I think that my recent loss may have in fact been a blessing
in disguise to a certain point as it has now forced to learn, in depth, just
what my other cameras are capable of doing.

On another side of the coin though, the ME Super that I now have will prove
beneficial particularly for long exposures (due to its lower battery usage),
cost (again due to lower battery usage & waaaay cheaper batteries) and also
the fact that there is less electronically that can go wrong with it
(cheaper and fewer repairs - hopefully).  And besides, I think that it is
kind of fun to "cock the shutter"...

BTW, I was watching Arena last night.  On "Destination Style" (a show that
features a different fashion shoot and photographer each week), I was most
pleasantly surprised (and shocked) to see that the pro photographer who was
featured, and who, I might add was a very talented woman, was using an ME
Super and what appeared to me to be a SMC-A 50mm lens!  Her resulting shots
were fabulous to say the least, and it was really cool to see her manually
"cocking" (there has GOT to be a better word for this "action" btw) the
shutter between shots, especially when she was shooting incredibly fast!
That is a talent in itself...

fairy.