On 11 Apr 2001, at 19:14, William Johnson wrote:

> I was hoping someone else would ask this question, so
> I wouldn't have to display my ignorance, but this is
> driving me nuts!  How do you focus the Leica lens? I
> don't see a focusing ring anywhere.  Also, is it
> difficult to handle, being so small?  Just curious.

Hi Bill,

I once owned that lens too, the focus ring is the one between the fixed mount
(with the red dot) and the aperture ring at the front. :-)

The whole focus ring rotates, there are no serrations since there is a little tab
that protrudes from the bottom of the ring. When you are holding the camera
lens combo the correct way the tab falls into a comfortable position for one
finger to pop into, it all becomes quite intuitive. See:

http://www.ozemail.com.au/~geroc/fs518.jpg
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~geroc/fs516.jpg
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~geroc/fs519.jpg

Cheers,