"My rate is usually $XXX, but seeing as who you are, I'll give you a
discount of $XXX."
"Also, as Rob says, discounts can easily be removed especially when you get
busier and are doing more work."

1) we are not talking studio, and it wasn't mentioned in that context
2) the above quotes do not sound like "first job gets a discount"

Norm