The Super Takumar-Zoom 1:4.5/70~150 (S/N 4391349) was for many years "just"
a Super Takumar with traditional Super Takumar coatings.  But according to
Gerjan van Oosten in "The Ultimate Asahi Pentax Screw Mount Guide
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/907653702X/diecastpro
Asahi first used the SMC coating on the Super Takumar-Zoom 1:4.5/70~150.

I had a much earlier version with regular coating (light amber).  See:
http://whitemetal.com/pentax/st_70~150_45/index.htm

This one here is definitely SMC'd.  I have another that is a little earlier
than this one (serial number is a couple thousand lower) and the coating is
also SMC.  It's too bad this lens is so large - it really is quite nice in
spite of that, and with SMC, I expect it will be very usable.  I will try to
put images up on my site when I can - right now I am behind on two deadlines
for Krause and a book deadline besides.  Pay first then play!

The other one I have needs to have a sticky diaphragm taken care of.   It is
unmarked and still quite smooth other than the diaphragm, has no tripod
ring, hood, case, caps OR attachment lens.  So it will probably be sold
fairly cheaply (I have sold the plain ST's in complete working order for
between $100-$150)

Paul M. Provencher
(ppro)