I agree with Frank (no comments, please). This picture is all about colour, and it hits you in the face with it. Very powerful. As for the legs; flamingos have very long ones, and the body wouldn't dominate the frame if the legs were included. The picture just wouldn't work.

Great shot.

John

On Mon, 17 May 2004 23:29:10 -0400, Christian Skofteland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "frank theriault" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I think it's a terrific photo!

I like the bend in the bird's neck; it's not quite your average,
stereotypical flamingo shot. Lovely colours, beautiful bokeh, and, what
makes it for me are the OOF pink birds in the background. They're almost
abstract: the only way I know they're flamingoes is their colour (which
is
exactly the same as the subject).  Lovely touch, that!!

I can't think of a way to improve it.

Thanks, frank. Several people have said the bokeh is horrible. I do like
the other birds in the background. Do you think the missing legs distract
from the image. Funny, it's all I see in it anymore!

Christian

-- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/