I've done this.  The adaptor I got had a small tab that sticks out that
holds the adaptor in the Kmount.  I just removed the little tab, it was
held it by a small screw.  The adaptor still fit pretty really tight, so
the lens would tend to unscrew from the adaptor rather than having the
lens+adaptor come out when I twisted the lens, so I took a dremel and filed
down the K-mount side, then screwed the adaptor onto the lens real tight,
and now the lens is basically a manual K-mount.

Todd