Tanya & Russell Mayer wrote:

> [detailed business plan snipped]
>
> Lemme know what you guys think....

In general, it sounds like a good plan.   You are putting a far more
resonable price on your own time, and setting expectations appropriately.
Just one place where I think you are still too cheap:

>                                                     Of course, any other
> enlargements/reprints will be subject to cost plus a small mark-up on my
> behalf (probably 25% to 50%-ish).

Start off with a *much* higher markup.  And a minimum order value;
it's not worth your time to process a $15 order for reprints.
Every time you hand over your negatives for printing there is a
chance that they could be lost, scratched, or otherwise damaged.
That means you will be spending time touching up the print so
that your client doesn't see the scratches.  Your cost structure
needs to allow for that time, so a 50% markup is far too low.

> -

John Francis  [EMAIL PROTECTED]       Silicon Graphics, Inc.
(650)933-8295                        2011 N. Shoreline Blvd. MS 43U-991
(650)932-0828 (Fax)                  Mountain View, CA   94043-1389
Hello.   My name is Darth Vader.   I am your father.   Prepare to die.