Brian,

The 3% you refer to is for all computers - POS, servers, cash machines, etc. etc. etc. I think you will find that in the domestic/home market it is more like 10-15%, and in certain creative sectors more like 70-80%.

iPods made a nice profit for the company but so did desktops and portables. They break even on music sales.

As far as I am aware (and I stand to be corrected if wrong) there are no viruses for Mac OSX. Vandals will spray anywhere. If you are saying virus writers are the same then they should have hit OSX by now - it has been out since 91.

Nice sig. I am also the Editor of a magazine, that doesn't mean that I am inherently right about everything. Most of the PC press is notable anti-Apple - looks like you are just another one of many. I really don't understand your hostility - the products are really A+.

With all due respect I have an opinion that I am voicing and prepared to defend just like anyone else. Obviously the thread will end when people stop posting to it - you included - like all threads on this list.

Antonio