> I think at the time this lens was produced Ricoh made their own, and
 most were very good.

 Keith Whaley wrote:

 > That could well be!
 > Ricoh has been around for some time.
 > Do you happen to know who made the lens for Ricoh?

No, no, it's early 90's and I believe it was made by Cosina. I also saw some bearing original Cosina name.

Dario

Before the 90s Ricoh wasn't making their own lenses neither. Some earlier Ricoh K lenses at the time of their first XR bodies in the 80s, were made by Asahi. I have an XR 28/3.5 and an XR 200/4 that are optically IDENTICAL to their Pentax M counterpart, I mean internal baffling rings, color of coating of all elements, same optics. Externally different: size of fosusing ring, rubber style, color of the distance marks...

Andre