[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Pretty lame defense, I suppose, for one who earns his living as a technical
> writer...

Ironically, I earn my living as a writer as well. I think that my
frequent e-mail typos are the result of a general reluctance to actually
"work" at writing when I'm dashing off something for the list. I figure
most of you are smart enough to figure out what I meant to say, except
for those occasions when what I meant to say makes such little sense
that no one could possibly comprehend it even if it were error free :-)
Paul Stenquist