Fra: Dario Bonazza [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 24. maj 2004 00:03
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Re: New Pentax DSLR's?

Shawn wrote:

>So it still might be in Pentax's interest to do everything they
>can to gain a foothold in those markets by releasing a high-end SLR.

Way too late for doing that. Any year between 1980 and 2000 could have been
a good year for launching a good high-end SLR, supported by a strong policy
(lens range, accessories, proper advertising, and so on) in restoring Pentax
as leading camera manufacturer. They didn't do that when it made sense, sure
they won't do now, when it no longer make sense.

Now it's too late, damn too late for trying something like that. The only
hope for Pentax is gaining a reputable position in digital photography, and
that's enough a hard task for wasting money elsewhere.

My best wishes to Pentax.

Dario