You haven't lived until you've hiked up to the tree line in January, 75 knot winds gusting to
85. Makes me cold just to think about it.

John Francis wrote:

Been there (although not in winter).  The meteorologists are nuts.

Nowadays it's easy - thy've paved the road all the way to the top.
The first time I drove up it it was just a dirt track once you got
above the tree line.  Negotiating a hairpin bend on a single track,
gravel-covered road with no outside guard rail between you and a
couple of thousand feet of precipitous slope is an excellent aid
to concentration.

Be thankfull it's not Mt. Washington.

Mark Roberts wrote:

David Sprinkle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is the wind speed correct: 45 mph with gusts to 60 mph???

Not only is it correct, it's TYPICAL!