Subject: "Word Wars" in NYC (real theatrical run!)
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 10:24:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: Tony Clifton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;

Eric Chaikin's feature length documentary film
"Word Wars",
featuring Joe Edley, Matt Graham, Marlon Hill and
myself, (not
to mention quite a few of you on this mailing
list), will get its
official premiere on Friday, June 11 at the Cinema
Village theater
in Manhattan.  The distributor, Seventh Art
Releasing, has put up a
very nice looking web site for it,

http://www.7thart.com/wordwars/

and if you click "Find a Screening" at the top of
the page, you'll
find the dates and a link to the theater.  Times
are not yet
published, but the theater can be called for them
at 212-924-3363,
and the location is 12th St., betw 5th Ave and
University Pl.

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll anagram, and
you'll learn more
about your favorite Scrabble experts than you may
have wanted to
know, if you haven't already read it in Stefan
Fatsis' "Word Freak.".
And best of all, you'll enjoy the health benefits
of massive doses
of massively overpriced popcorn and air
conditioning.

Warning: this film contains profane language, mild
drug use, and
some funny music -- parental guidance, if not
discretion, strongly
suggested.  But please do tell your adult friends
and neighbors.

Joel Sherman