Hi,

Brett Mckay wrote:
Thanks to the people who have replied so far.
Just adding some details. I am after a Pentax camera that takes K-mount lenses. I assumed people would talk about Pentax as it is on the Pentax mailing list. These I have for my MZ-S. My worry is when I visit Russia at the end of the year that the MZ-S will not work at the low temperatures. I also have a P30, which is my normal backup, but it may have the same problems with needing a battery to function.

Last year I spent a lot of February in Siberia. Amongst others, I used an MZ-S with about four different lenses. Some days, it was outside from 9.00am to after dark. Once, I had to take it from well below zero to about 30degreesC. I spent about 20minutes mopping condensation from it. I didn't get quite cold enough to start snapping film but it was into the minus 30s on occasion.

The camera and lenses behaved faultlessly. Unlike my fingers, eyes, toes, knees and other bits.

mike