Usually, I know how many stops I want to shift the image and
just do that. If I am not sure I bracket. I think I could
pop off three shots faster than you could meter the scene
with your spot meter. But then, I am not a perfectionist.
I've always felt that if the customer is satisfied with the
photo it is good enough.
--Tom