From: J. C. O'Connell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 2004 12:46 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: PAW: From my recent trip to Northern AZ, and Southern UT.

> Methinks you have this backwards from a practicality standpoint.
> Stitching multiple exposures is hardly a practical substitute For a
> simple single LF image....

Well of course it can't offer all the benefits of an LF image but for
wide high
pixel count images the great works that are popping up here are
excellent
examples of what can be achieved without investing in any extra kit but
software package (of which there are free packages) and a little post
processing.
======
Just a little post processing? What about all the time and effort to
take The photo? That's what I am talking about. I am sure I can setup
and Expose one large format photo much faster and easier than taking a
whole bunch Of little shots and spending more time stitching together.
And with a single LF Image at least you can see entire image for
composition and also shoot For the decisive moment, like waiting for
perfect sunset or the wind to die down, or the clouds to open up, not so
with multiple images and stitching.

One nice thing about stitching is you can go wider than you widest lens
For extreme wide angle photography. But you can do that with any format,
Dslr or LF.

JCO