When you focus at infinity, everything is not
necessarily in focus. If you shot at say f1.4 (extreme
example I know) on a tree 500m away, the tree that is
5m away is going to be out of focus. The DOF rules
still apply I believe.

I tend to use f16 or smaller for my landscapes. I like
a bit of DOF.

Jody.