----- Original Message -----
From: "David Miers"
Subject: RE: *istD unsharpness

> That's exactly what I've been thinking William, but I'm not quite
up enough
> on the technical details of digital cameras to comment much.
Wasn't it just
> discussed how Nikon lenses are sharper for the most part then
Pentax? What
> about with the new photoshop CS or what ever it is that has the
plugin for
> pentax raw files?  Would that make it more fair?  I'm getting the
impression
> that with Pentax raw files he used the included software?

You don't need to be up on the technical details of digital cameras
to see the flaw in a test procedure that uses several different
lenses and conversion algorithms to compare sensor sharpness between
camera brands.
Nikon may take sharper pictures because of a better conversion
algorithm, or it may be a higher resolution lens, or it may be
something else altogether.
If you want to find out who grows the nicest apple, don't throw a
banana into the test and say it's an awful apple.

William Robb