Hi Amita,

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 17:25:07 -0400, Amita Guha wrote:

>Does anyone remember who made a camera backpack with front-loading lens
>drawers? I'm not talking about the Lowepro Trim Trekker. The interior
>was yellow. I thought it was Domke but I think I was wrong.

I have seen two of them, both aimed at digital, but they may have other models too:

1) Tenba DB-15C
This one has the lens-compartments accessible from the outside
without opening the whole front-flap ...

        http://www.tenbagear.com/2000_01_db15c.htm

2) Lightware Digital Bacpack
Seems to be accessible without laying it down, but pictures are unclear

        http://www.lightwareinc.com

>Amita, still in search of the perfect camera backpack

Yes, me too :-)

The Lowepro Compu-trekker is on my short-list now, but that is mainly
since I want to take a digital outfit inlcuding a laptop on the plane ...
(It does NOT have lens-drawers by the way :-)

        http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/trekking/computrekkeraw.htm

Regards, JvW

Jan van Wijk;   http://www.dfsee.com/gallery