That's good to hear, as the SMC-F 28 f/2.8 is the same lens formula as the SMC-A version of this lens, which was a supposedly much improved design from the SMC-M version of the lens. From my experience and judging from others' comments, however, you may be even more impressed with the SMC-FA 28mm f/2.8, which incorporates an aspherical element and is one of the sharpest 28mm primes Pentax has ever made.

Joe

My initial impressions of the lens were positive.  The sharpness was good,
and I was finding it harder to look beyond the jpeg compression as it looked
to me like the compression was holding the lens back, so I tested it with
some RAW images...  It's incredibly sharp, incredibly good. The resolution
is clearly better than what the 20-35mm can manage.  There is no comparison.
I am thoroughly amazed.  I used the Photoshop conversion to smooth things
out a bit, and its still sharp as a tack.  Clearly RAW provides advantages
over the jpegs, I know there probably aren't many on this list who would
debate that, but people have told me as much in the past, so its good to see
the advantages RAW can provide if you have an excellent lens.  I highly
recommend this piece of equipment.  I'll post a more complete review with
some photo-samples in the near future.

-Shawn

--

Joe Wilensky