Alex Nemerosky describes both the SMCP-A 200/4 and SMCP-M 28/3.5 at

http://home.att.net/~alnem/html/pentax_primes.html#28

I'm not sure I'd want to get an -A 200/4, nor pay that much: they are going
for between $40 [E] and $90 [M] on eBay.  I'm also not sure that the -A is
better than the -M: all information I've seen says the opposite.  I'm very
pleased with my Vivitar Series 1 200/3, which you can get for less than
$200; although they are scarce, and usually have an M42 mount - even less
'friendly' than an -M series lens.

The SMC Takumar 28/3.5 is not the same as the SMC 28/3.5 - see the SMCT
specs at http://www.aohc.it/, it has one less element than the 'K',
different minimum focus distance, etc...

The -M 28/3.5 sounds like a good lens, especially for a performance
trade-off against the other Pentax and Nikon lenses.  I have a 'K' 28/3.5,
and it lives up to its excellent reputation.  The lens tests you propose
sound very interesting, but the 'bargain' lens at KEH is probably not in
good enough condition for a rigorous test: Yoshihiko Takinami advises "Only
test lenses in excellent optical and working mechanical condition"

http://www.takinami.com/yoshihiko/photo/lens_test/pdml-procedure.html

bye, Jim
www.jcolwell.ca