Hi Paul,

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 10:03:05 -0400, Paul Stenquist wrote:

>I do own an *ist-D, and the software works fine whether it identifies
>the lens or not. In fact, with K or M lenses, it does not identify the
>lens, and, quite obviously, it can't. I've shot about 5000 RAW images
>and have not experienced any corruption. Most of them were on Lexar 1
>gig and half gig cards that were downloaded to my Mac over USB. I've
>also shot a few images on a Sandisc 1 gig card, and it worked fine.

OK, thanks.

For everyone that is curious about the corruption (and has broadband :-)
I have uploaded the corrupt RAW file in a ZIP-file at:

        http://www.dfsee.com/gallery/corrupt_pef.zip

This is an 8Mb file!

The image was taken in a theatre, using the ISTD with FA* 85mm.

You will see that the whole bottom half of the picture is 'shifted' or 'rotated'
to the right, by about one fourth of the image width.
The quarter that ends up in the lower left corner has a magenta color shift.
(visible in PS-CS browser, Pentax browser reports 'load error')

I have also retested the copy, and the files on the CF-card, the laptop
and my Photoshop system are identical. (binary compare).

So my conclusion is that this corruption was done to the image
on the CF-card, and most likely while it was written by the camera.

Regard, JvW
Jan van Wijk;   http://www.dfsee.com/gallery