Hi

I'm strongly still thinking about bailing out on one system or the other and
the service record for Minolta from other lists I'm on really seems to be
bad.  I personally have only had one dealing with them and although
expensive, the results were satisfactory.  However many people especially
with Maxxum 7 problems have been having to send the camera in repeatedly to
finally get the problem fixed taking several months in the process.  That is
really unacceptable.  My only experience with Pentax service in Colorado is
with ordering parts directly from them.  That worked out rather well I would
say.  Especially with the *istD how would the list members rate the service
coming out of the Pentax Colorado shop for turn around time, expense, and
satisfactory results?

I would have to say that I have the feeling that while not quite as feature
packed as a Minolta Maxxum 7, the Pentax bodies and equipment I have might
be a bit more dependable and have a better build quality in some aspects.  I
currently have the PZ-1p, PZ-1, ZX-7, and ZX-M Pentax bodies.  If I dumped
the Minolta and the ZX models, the 2 remaining Pentax bodies would have a
similar interface as the current *istD I believe.  Am I correct on the
interface similarities?

I think about the dark side as well, but I don't think I'm rich enough to
play with the dark side boys.

Wanting digital enablement badly

Dave