To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2004 6:38 AM
Subject: Re: What battery for the Spotmatic F

Lewis Matthew wrote:

Hello,

what kind of battery does the Spotmatic F require?

Arnold

Accoirding to my reference, the Spotmatic F requires an EPX625 or EPX13.
These are mercury batteries. Funny, I don't recall that my years ago
SP-F used these. Is my reference sheet right?

Best,
Lewis

Hi Lewis,

This has been thoroughly covered many times before on this list, but
since I don't know what "reference" you are using, in looking at my
Spotmatic F factory-issued owner's manual, it says, on page 10, titled
"Mercury Batteries" -- "For replacement, use Mallory PX-625 or Everady
[sic] E-625N or equivalent."

While I cannot speak about any EPX batteries, from lack of personal
experience, the various alkaline batteries recommended earlier in this
thread are certainly okay for replacement use in the Spotty F.

keith whaley