From: David Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: PAW Art or entomology? Oh no philosophy!
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:33:55 +1000

G'day again,
I find I do agree with you in that interesting scenes would make these photos hugely more valuable, and I do aim for this. Some are satisfied with illustrations, but I'll endeavour to please those who want a story too. For this goal I'm sure I could learn a few tricks from street photographers, who create their images from the mundane and the (dare I say it) ugly. (note I did not describe the images themselves as ugly).
Well, it seems to have turned out that we aren't so different, if anything you are simply more demanding (a good thing). Maybe I am satisfied with an illustration, but it's that bit extra that separates the good from the great.
Perhaps this shot is getting more towards what you'd like to see:

http://davidavid.whatsbeef.net/robber.jpg

It's a robberfly consuming a honeybee that it's just caught, captured a couple of months ago in the garden.

David

MSN Premium with Virus Guard and Firewall* from McAfeeŽ Security : 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines