Actually I don't think getting the system to run on the 98 drive would be
that hard, however it may well require a 98 disk.  If you don't have that it
might be questionable.  The files would probably be downloadable somewhere,
but you'd probably have to have a different computer available until you got
this one back online again.  Many people however copy the essential parts of
the disk to the drive so they don't have to put it in ever time the OS asks
for the disk though.  It's been too long ago for me though to tell you the
exact file names that you would look for.  I think the folder would be named
WIN98 and would have subfolders with compresed files with the names ending
with a (_) mark after them.  Before starting you would want to delete the
contents of the INF folder.  This will make the OS hunt for the drivers for
your hardware and not have the wrong ones still in this folder.  I remember
when doing this I wound up with multiples of the same item in device
manager.  It would takes some fiddling, but it is doable, depending on how
computer literate you are.

You would of course make this the master drive and your win 95 drive the
slave.  Or you could run it on the secondary IDE and still have it on the
master settings with your cd rom etc as slaves.  Some burners don't operate
well as slaves however.  You could not run the programs on your 95 disk from
98 though since the programs are not in the 98 registry.  You'd have to
physically switch each time or get a boot selector tool as was previously
mentioned.

Um, honestly the more I think about this though, I have to say it sounds
like a lot of messing around for 98.  Depending on how fast your system is,
I'd sure consider win 2000.  I've seen 2000 run half way decent on a 400
processer with 128 MB of ram.