From: Bill O'Neill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 10:02 PM
To: PDML
Subject: Pentax ES-II question

Hi all you ES-II owners.  I just purchased an ES-II with  an SMC Takumar
55/1.8  for about $30 (US).  The camera did not work in automatic mode so I
took it to Pentax Canada for repair.  For about $80 (US) they did a
cleaning, replaced the mirror foam and fixed it so that it now works in
automatic mode. But I have a question for all you that have experience with
this camera.  Is it correct behaviour for the meter to be disabled when the
shutter dial is turned to one of the manual speeds?

Thanks..

Bill