On Tue, 17 Apr 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Recently, I have ordered a used Pentax SMC F (not FA) 50/1.7 for US$75
> because the seller said it is in like new condition. But when I received
> and inspected it, I found there are some minor scratches on the rear lens
> surface. After I 'reported' the real condition of lens to the seller, he
> said I could return the lens for money refund or I could keep it if I
> accept his partial refund (only $10).
>
> This is my first time to buy used lens. Please give me any suggestion.

Any time you return an item you lose out on shipping both ways, unless the
seller grossly misrepresents an item and agrees to pay return
shipping.  Take some test shots with the lens and see what you think.  If
you decide that you really need a mint one, then consider accepting his
offer, selling the lens on eBay, and looking around for one in mint
condition.

chris