[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: I am curious if anybody has used the Wimberly Sidekick with a large telephoto lens of about 300mm f/2.8 or larger. If you have, what did you think of it? I've just bought the Manfrotto (AKA Bogen) monopod/tripod heavy lens support bracket which is designed to be used like a gimball head. (Sorry can't remember the article number, but easy to find on their web site) It's brilliant! Doesn't need a separate ball head like all the others, it just screws straight on the head mounting. Comes with variable, friction dampened adjustment for pan and tilt, and 3 separate height settings. It is made of steel and the engineering is up the usual high standard you expect from this company Excellent value at NZ $350.00 which is about US $150.00. Apparently designed by an Italian fashion photographer who needed something to use with big glass and a monopod when shooting down from above the catwalk. Frankly, I'm amazed nobody's mentioned it before. Could it be Manfrotto's best kept secret? Regards, Max - This message is from the Pentax-Discuss Mail List. To unsubscribe, go to http://www.pdml.net and follow the directions. Don't forget to visit the Pentax Users' Gallery at http://pug.komkon.org .